Bible Toolbox by Authentic Walk Ministries

My Utmost For His Highest : "Don't Slack Off"

-/\/\-----------------------------------------------------------------
\ / MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST --

http://www.heartlight.org/
--\/------------------------------------------------------------------

June 7, 2008


DON'T SLACK OFF

Whatsoever ye shalt ask in My name, that will I do.

John 14:13

http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=joh+14:13&sr=1

Am I fulfilling this ministry of the interior? There is no snare or
any danger of infatuation or pride in intercession, it is a hidden
ministry that brings forth fruit whereby the Father is glorified. Am
I allowing my spiritual life to be frittered away, or am I bringing
it all to one centre - the Atonement of my Lord? Is Jesus Christ more
and more dominating every interest in my life? If the one central
point, the great exerting influence in my life is the Atonement of
the Lord, then every phase of my life will bear fruit for Him.

I must take time to realize what is the central point of power. Do I
give one minute out of sixty to concentrate upon it? "If ye abide in
Me" - continue to act and think and work from that centre - "ye shall
ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." Am I abiding? Am I
taking time to abide? What is the greatest factor of power in my
life? Is it work, service, sacrifice for others, or trying to work
for God? The thing that ought to exert the greatest power in my life
is the Atonement of the Lord. It is not the thing we spend the most
time on that moulds us most; the greatest element is the thing that
exerts most power. We must determine to be limited and concentrate
our affinities.

"Whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do." The disciple
who abides in Jesus is the will of God, and his apparently free
choices are God's fore-ordained decrees. Mysterious? Logically
contradictory and absurd? Yes, but a glorious truth to a saint.

/--- READY TO CHANGE THE WORLD? -----------------------------\
ACU students do every day! Click to find out more
about Abilene Christian University, recognized as one of
"America's Best Colleges" by the U.S. News & World Report.
\--- http://ads.heartlight.org/email/4/ ---------------------/

=========================== FEATURED PRODUCT =========================

SEE THE MORNING, by Chris Tomlin
Award-winning artist Tomlin offers a whole new set of soul-inspiring
easy-to-sing songs about God's faithfulness.
http://shopping.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/link?260

Find more great books, CDs and videos at the Heartlight store! With
each purchase you make, you're helping to support Heartlight's
ministry. Thanks SO MUCH for your help!

MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers /\/\
===============================================================\ /===
http://www.heartlight.org/devotionals/my_utmost

\/


This email is made possible by YOUR donations! If you've found
our service encouraging or inspiring, we pray you'll give a voluntary
donation to keep this ministry going. Donations are NOT required,
but they are appreciated!
http://www.heartlight.org/support

Visit HEARTLIGHT on the web for even more articles, plus music,
devotionals and more for your Christian walk!

This devotional is copyright Oswald Chambers Publications,
< http://www.oswaldchambers.co.uk >.

HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE?
It's FREE! To subscribe send a blank email to:
join-myutmost@maillists.heartlight.org

HOW DO I LEAVE?
To unsubscribe send a blank email to:
myutmost-unsub@maillists.heartlight.org

STILL HAVING TROUBLE?
If our automated unsubscribe system isn't working for you,
send an email to mailmaster@heartlight.org and let us know
what list you would like to leave. We'll take care of you.

======================================================================